ANGER CARRIES INFORMATION
Anger alerts you to the awareness that you feel threatened in some way. Often, the person or event that you feel angry at is being perceived as hurting you. When two people are angry at each other each feels that they are innocent, while the other person is perceived as being abusive.
DO YOU EVER THINK THIS WAY?
- Life is supposed to be fair
- Everyone should always treat me well
- People who are abusive to me should be punished
- When people are being mean to me it’s really not my fault
- If I seek revenge against someone, then the other person deserved it
SEEING LIFE AS A GAME
There are rules for succeeding at life, and if you play by the rules, you will most likely succeed. But if you play by the wrong rules, it can be quite difficult to win.
RULES FOR WINNING
- You don’t have to treat others how they treat you
- Try treating people the way you want them to treat you
- Do not be mean to others just because they are mean to you
CREATING WIN-WIN SITUATIONS
We often get angry because we are in pain. Did you know that showing someone that you are in pain is a more effective way to get them to feel remorse for what they did than raging at them?
(Acknowledging Izzy Kalman)
Worried About Your Teen? FREE Parent Consultation
For more information, please visit my website:
Providing service for: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.